If you are someone who uses a wheelchair or mobility scooter, then installing a ramp is a necessity. Often, accessing steps outside the home can be a tricky task for wheelchair and mobility scooter users. Ramps resolve this issue and provide easy access over steps, raised thresholds, vehicles and landings for wheelchair or mobility scooter users. A ramp is an inclined flat access way between one level and another.
Ramps are primarily used in homes, institutions and commercial buildings. Top dealers of accessibility equipment offer innovative models of custom wheelchair ramps for your home in a variety of shapes, styles, and sizes that match the specific demands of various residential settings. There are permanent, semi-permanent and portable models that are durable and easy to assemble to suit individual needs. One of the main benefits of portable wheelchair ramps is that they can be carried along and installed anywhere and also removed quickly. Top models of custom wheelchair ramps are integrated with several standard features such as:
· Code-compliant mesh design — allows natural drainage
· No puddles — Rain and melting snow can pass right through
· No rusting, no rotting, no splinters
· Vertical pickets and steps (available)
· Environmentally responsible — 100% recyclable
· Easy installation — installs in hours not days
· New easy step design
Custom Wheelchair Ramps — Top Models
· Aluminum Series — Integrated with a total weight capacity of 800 lbs, this ramp model is strong and durable and can be easily installed within hours. It comes with an anti-slip aluminum tread surface on the entire system. A 2” safety curb on either side of the device ensures safety and prevents the wheelchair from rolling off. In addition, it features multi-weld fabrication process that ensures less deflection of the ramp surface.
· Wood Series — When compared to steel or aluminum ramp systems, this series complements outdoor decks and patios. The ADA-compliant 36″ width model can be painted or stained to match any deck or porch. This model which can be easily installed within hours comes with a unique leg design that maximizes structural integrity. It uses pressure-treated wood to prevent rotting.
· Steel Series — Featuring a total weight capacity of 800 lbs, this ramp series comes with a unique welded cone-mounted hand rail design. Available in Tuxedo Black color that complements any exterior finish, this durable and ADA-compliant system can virtually allow any configuration. This model comes with textured finish for slip resistance and galvanized silver handrails. Extra aluminum parts are included, which eliminates high-maintenance issues.
Purchasing Wheelchair Ramps
When it comes to purchasing and installing wheelchair ramps in New Jersey, choosing an experienced, licensed and accredited dealer in accessibility products would offer many benefits. With an experienced dealer, you can get help from insured and trained installers who will set up your ramp quickly and efficiently. In addition, they will provide efficient installation support and full-time technical services to keep your equipment in good working condition.