Retain the Beauty of Your Home and Your Independence with a Curved Stairlift
Spiral or curved stairways can be a beautiful addition to a home, but often pose a major accessibility challenge for the elderly and people with mobility problems. Steeper than regular stairs, curved and spiral staircases are difficult to negotiate. The ideal option to improve accessibility over such stairs is to install a curved stairlift. A curved stairlift helps retains the beauty of your home and your independence. Leading suppliers of accessibility devices offer custom/curved stairlifts in NY that provide safe and comfortable transport over curved staircases.
These systems are specially designed with tracks to suit curved staircases and those that turn corners. The main advantage of this type of a stairlift is can be set up to fit in your home without making any alteration to the construction. As they mount to the stair treads not to the wall, they are sturdy and can be installed in almost any type of home. Compared to electric units, battery powered units are quieter and smoother, and will work even if there is a power failure.
Reliable Models of Custom/Curved Stair Lifts
NY dealers offer high quality, reliable stairlifts from leading brands such as Handicare and Bruno.
Bruno Elite Curved — This indoor stairlift provides a smooth, quiet ride from start to finish. The CRE-2110 lift can be mounted on either side of the staircase. It can restore the function of your staircase for everyone, in beautiful, graceful style.
Model CRE-2110 encompasses all the technological advances and aesthetic considerations in one magnificent unit. Its strong, resilient drive system provides the safest operation and longest lasting durability for years to come, even when carrying a maximum load of 400 lb.
· Lift capacity of 400 lb or 181 kg
· Direct drive motor/gear box
· An offset swivel seat
· Remarkable stable ride
· Visual diagnostics for instant unit status
This well-established and versatile stairlift system comes with the tightest track bends. It can accommodate a wide range of stair configurations and hugs the edge of your staircase, leaving you with more room. Its twin rail system ensures a safe and smooth ride. This unit available in two colors as standard — light grey or gun metal — and comes with a fully automatic hinge track that will be raised and lowered without the user having to operate it.
· Powered footplate
· Rapid response safety sensors
· Smart seat
· Retractable seatbelt
· Diagnostic display
· Rembrandt — This Handicare Freelift model is specifically designed to mount on the inside of the stairs. Its special design can cope with steeper inside curves. Different seats are available such as: Elegance, Basic or Classic.
· Van Gogh — One of the most popular curved stairlifts in the market, this device provides a safe, smooth and comfortable ride even over the most complicated of staircases. Its “Turn and Go” function helps to negotiate corners in a very narrow staircase.
· Vermeer — Designed specifically for multi-storey houses and apartment block stairwells, this stairlift is also an ideal option for houses with a spiral staircase. The seat options for this multi-storey stair lift are: Elegance, Basic or Classic.
Make sure that you choose a curved stairlift with advanced safety features such as safety sensors, emergency stop button, manual lowering hand wheel and a lockable isolation switch prevents unauthorized use of the lift. An experienced supplier of home accessibility equipment in NY will also provide professional installation services by fully factory-trained technicians.