Portable Wheelchair Ramps — For Safe and Easy Access over Raised Landings
Steps pose one of the biggest hurdles to easy access. Installing ramps in residential and commercial buildings will allow wheelchair and mobility scooter users to overcome the barriers posed by steps, curbs and raised thresholds or landings. Established dealers in accessibility equipment offer portable wheelchair ramps in New York designed to help wheelchair and mobility scooter users overcome the height differences posed by steps, curbs and inclines in residential and commercial spaces. These systems also provide easy access into and out of vans, SUVs and trucks.
Perfect for temporary applications such as home stays, meetings and field trips,portable wheelchair ramps provide easy access to areas where a wheelchair or mobility scooter cannot go. One of the main benefits of these systems is that they can be easily installed. They can be also easily dismantled, making them even easier to use, carry, and store. Standard features include –
· Ultra-strong and safe
· Lightweight, compact and durable
· Easy to use, carry and store
· Easy installation — installs in hours, not days
· Anti-slip surface that provides traction in all weather conditions
Top Models of Portable Wheelchair Ramps
Customers in New York can choose from different types of portable wheelchair ramps:
· Suitcase Ramps — Featuring a single fold design, suitcase ramps are a simple and convenient accessibility option. They can be used in a variety of applications including stairs, cars, trucks, and other low to moderate rises. These ramp systems can be easily and quickly split in to two pieces, making them easy to carry around. Top models include — Top Lip Extension (TLE), Suitcase ramp Signature series and Advantage series from EZ-Access.
· Aluminum & Rubber Threshold Ramps — Ideal for commercial and residential applications, these lightweight ramp systems are designed to provide access to doorways, sliding glass doors, showers, and raised landings. They are portable, durable and easy to install. Top models include -
ü Aluminum Threshold THR Series
ü Rubber Threshold — Stone Cap(TM) Transition
ü Rubber Threshold
ü EZ-Access Threshold Combo pack
ü EZ-Access Threshold
ü EZ-Access 1.5-In Rubber Thresh Beveled (1 or 2 pack)
ü ELEV8® Adjustable
· Multifold ramps — Perfect for accommodating wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations, these ramps can be easily folded like a suitcase. They allow rear door access on utility trailers, SUVs, and vans. They come with a safety DVD and steel security pins, and safety guide. Top models of multi-fold ramps include — Top Lip Extension (TLE), WCR Series (600–800 lb capacity) and Trifold Advantage Series (800lb capacity).
· Solid Wheelchair Ramps–Solid one-piece aluminum wheelchair ramps in the EZ-Access pathway ramp classic series and W/HR classic series are an excellent choice as a temporary ramp or when a more permanent ramp is desired. This 6″ ramp features an 850 pound weight capacity and can easily accommodate wider chairs.
· Wheelchair ramps for Vans, SUVs and Trucks — These ramps are designed to load wheelchairs or scooters (with various wheel configurations) into and out of transport vehicles such as vans, trucks and SUVs. They can easily accommodate loads of up to 400 pounds and can also be folded to carry like a suitcase.
Choose a Reliable Dealer
Reliable dealers that offer portable wheelchair ramps in New York also provide excellent customer support. This includes guidance to choose the right option as well as support to set up your ramp quickly and efficiently.