Ramps make buildings handicap accessible by providing access between one level and another. These accessibility systems allow wheelchair users and mobility scooter users to access residential and commercial buildings safely and conveniently. Wheelchair ramps come in variety of styles and sizes and essentially include permanent, semi-permanent, and portable ramps. Portable ramps allow wheelchairs and scooters to access or get over steps, thresholds, doorways, vehicles and raised landings easily without assistance from others. Top mobility equipment dealers in Boston offer portable ramp systems that can be carried along and installed anywhere.
These lightweight and compact ramp systems can provide easy access to areas where a wheelchair or mobility scooter cannot go. They are ideal for temporary applications such as meetings, field trips, and short home stays and can be easily configured to match the individual mobility needs. The devices can be easily separated, making them easier to carry along and store.
Portable Wheelchair Ramp Categorized
· Suitcase ramps — With a single fold design, suitcase ramps allow wheelchairs and scooters access to vehicles, steps and raised landings. They come with a unique design that allows them to quickly split into two pieces, making it easier and lighter to carry and store. Available in three different models such as Top Lip Extension (TLE), Suitcase Signature Series and Suitcase Advantage Series, these systems can be used for a variety of applications including stairs, cars, trucks, and other low to moderate rises.
· Multi-fold ramps — These comprehensive ramps can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations. They also allow rear door access on utility trailers, SUVs, and vans. A folding design allows these systems to be folded like a suitcase. Multi-fold ramps include a safety DVD and steel security pins. The safety guide indicates whether ramp is on a safe slope. Top models include — Top Lip Extension (TLE), WCR Series (600–800 lb capacity) and Trifold Advantage Series (800lb capacity). Most units come with a 3-year warranty.
· Aluminum and rubber threshold ramps — Ideal for commercial and residential applications, these ramps improve wheelchair or scooter access to doorways, sliding glass doors, showers, or even raised landings. These lightweight ramps are durable, portable and easy to install. Popular models include:
>> Aluminum Threshold THR Series
>>EZ-Access Threshold, Rubber Threshold
>>Rubber Threshold — Stone Cap(TM) Transition
>>EZ-Access 1.5-In Rubber Thresh Beveled (1 or 2 pack)
>>EZ-Access 2 1/4-In Rubber Threshold Riser Boxed (2 EA)
>>EZ-Access 2.5-In Rubber Thresh Beveled
>>EZ-Access 2 1/2-In Rubber Threshold/Cargo Wedge Boxed (1)
>>EZ-Access Threshold Combo pack
· Solid wheelchair ramps–Ideal for walkers, scooters, wheelchairs, canes and crutches, this one-piece aluminum wheelchair ramp is an ideal choice for use as a temporary ramp or when a more permanent ramp is desired. The 6″ ramp comes with a total weight capacity of 850 lbs and can easily accommodate wider chairs. Top models include the Ez-Access Pathway® Classic Series and Ez-Access Pathway® W/HR Classic Series.
· Wheelchair Ramps for Vans, SUV’s and Trucks — Designed to help load wheelchairs or scooters into and out of transport vehicles such as vans, trucks and SUVs, these ramp systems come with a total weight capacity of 400lbs. The ramp can be folded to carry like a suitcase and can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations. Quality models include Multifold Reach and Rear Door Van Ramps.
Choosing a Reliable Dealer
Purchasing your ramp from a reliable accredited dealer would offer several benefits such as free shipping, installation assistance, the best prices, and comprehensive technical support to keep your equipment in perfect working condition.