Arthritis is a common health problem in the United States, affecting more than 50 million adults. Most people with arthritis and other joint-related medical conditions have difficulty with stairs. Installing a stairlift is an efficient and economical way to reduce strain on the joints. Stairlifts in New Jersey are available in a variety of models for straight as well as curved staircases indoors or out.
Arthritis can affect one joint or multiple joints. The symptoms of this chronic condition include pain, limited range of motion, swelling, inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Climbing and descending stairs can make condition worse and extremely painful.
Stairlifts eliminate the barriers posed by stairs and allow people with joint strains to move safely and comfortably between the levels of a building. The device is therefore a very helpful aid for those experiencing joint problems due to arthritis. This mechanical device allows users to move over the stairs in a seated, perched or standing position seat.
Benefits of Stairlifts
· Eliminates the risks associated with climbing stairs
· Can be installed in straight and curved staircases, indoors and outdoors
· Provides a safe and comfortable ride
· Affordable and reliable accessibility option
· Easy to install
· Remarkable stability
· Increases the resale value of the home
· Allows elderly, injured or mobility impaired individuals to stay in their home
· Enhances independence of the elderly and people with mobility issues
· Takes up minimal space
· Can be installed on either side of the staircase
· Easy to maintain
· Allows the user to carry groceries, laundry, books, and other items with them
· Designed to blend with any décor
Popular Stairlift Models available in New Jersey
Reliable accessibility equipment dealers in New Jersey offer high quality stairlifts for straight, curved and outdoor staircases from leading manufacturers such as Bruno and Handicare. Here are the popular models of stairlifts:
· Stairlifts for Straight Staircases — This includes Elan and Elite from Bruno, and Simplicity, Simplicity Plus, Handicare 1000 and Handicare 1000XL/XXL from Handicare.
· Stairlifts for Curved Staircases — Popular curved stairlift models include: Bruno Elite Curved –CRE-2110 and Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Vermeer, Handicare 2000 from Handicare.
· Stairlifts for Outdoor Staircases — Exterior stairlifts includes Handicare 1000 — Exterior, Bruno Outdoor Elite — SRE 2010E for straight outdoor staircases and Bruno Outdoor Elite Curve — CRE 2110E and Handicare 2000 Exterior Curved for curved outdoor staircases.
All these products are tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services. The New Jersey, home accessibility equipment company custom design curved stairlifts to the exact specification of your stairway. They also provide professional installation support without charging any additional cost.
· Safety sensors on the power pack and footplate to detect any obstacles on the stairs
· Speed governors to ensure that the carriage does not speed up on its way down the stairs
· Two 12-volt batteries that provides dependable performance, even in the case of power failure
· Retractable seatbelt for added peace of mind
· The standard swivel seat makes entry and exit easy