Steps, raised thresholds and inclines pose a formidable barrier for wheelchair users. Installing ramps help overcome these challenges. Popular accessibility equipment dealers based in Boston offer quality ramps in varying styles and configurations. Designed for various applications in residential and commercial settings, custom ramps from National Ramp are lightweight, portable, and durable.
Top Benefits of Installing Ramps
One of the top benefits of custom ramps is that they can be easily installed. Suitable as temporary or permanent fixtures, these devices make home or office buildings wheelchair accessible. Benefits include:
• Easy installation — installs in hours, not days
• Environment friendly — 100% recyclable
• Code compliant mesh design — allows natural drainage
• Low maintenance
• No rusting, no rotting, no splinters
National Ramp offers custom wheelchair ramps in three models:
• Aluminum Series — Featuring a maximum weight capacity of 800 lbs, aluminum ramps are strong and durable and can be installed quickly. The multi-weld fabrication process ensures less deflection of the ramp surface. The skid-resistant aluminum-tread surface prevents slips and falls. A 2” safety curb on two sides of the device ensures safety and prevents wheelchair from rolling off. Other additional features include — interchangeable BTP and End loops, Unique welded cone-mounted hand rail design, vertical pickets and gates and anti slip aluminum tread surface on the entire system.
• Steel Series — The steel series ramps feature a unique welded cone-mounted hand rail design and textured finish for slip resistance. These ramps feature a modular design that allows virtually any configuration and are powder-coated for extra durability. This ADA-compliant ramp system comes with a total load capacity of 800 lbs. Extra aluminum parts eliminate high-maintenance issues.
• Wood Series — Made of kiln-dried, premium quality pressure-treated southern yellow pine wood, wood series ramps enhance the beauty of your home. Pressure treated wood also prevents rotting. The ADA-compliant 36″ width model can be painted or stained to match any deck or porch. The wood decking is spaced to allow for drainage as well as natural expansion and contraction. The unique leg design maximizes structural integrity.
Choose a Reliable Dealer
Reliable dealers offering custom wheelchair ramps in Boston help customers right option for their needs. They also provide professional installation support to set up your ramp quickly and efficiently.