Seniors and those with mobility issues usually have difficulty with stairs. Stair lifts are a great option for improving mobility because they don’t require any major modifications to the home. Leading suppliers of stairlifts in New York offer a wide variety of brands. Installing a stair lift can help people with accessibility problems navigate the staircase easily and independently, thereby reducing the risk of falls. It’s important to choose the best model based on staircase configuration such as straight or curved, and your specific needs and budget.
Choosing a Stairlift — Important Considerations
Modern stair lifts are equipped with variety of features such as swivel seat, limit sensors, safety belt or harness, handheld controller, flip-up rail, call stations and rechargeable batteries. Here are the main factors that you should consider while choosing a stairlift:
· Stair type — whether it is curved or straight as well as house design concerns
· Heavy duty or high weight capacity — load capacity varies from model to model
· Safety features such as hand-held remote controller, safety switch, footrest safety sensors, lockable isolation switch
· The right dealer — an experienced mobility equipment supplier would offer a wide selection of quality stairlifts from leading manufacturers
· Consider the costs, services, and after-sales support by the supplier
Superior Stairlift Models
· Bruno Elite — Combining clean, attractive styling with reliable operation, the Elite can complement any home décor and improve your lifestyle. With a load capacity of 400 lbs (188 kg), this lift for straight stairs provides hassle-free access to all levels of your home. Besides soft start/stop, it ensures a smooth ride from start to finish.
· Bruno Elan–A quality straight stairlift that can stand the test of time, Bruno’s Elan ensures a smooth and quiet ride. Its simple design makes installation easier than for other stair lifts. It comes with a 300lb weight capacity. The arms, seat and footrest flip up, leaving plenty of space for others to use the stairs. The generous seat size is available with multiple seat heights.
· Handicare 1000 –With the narrowest straight stairlift track on the market, this model can also be installed outdoors. This Handicare unit provides comfort and support and gives the option of upgrading with powered features.
· Handicare 2000 Outdoor — Specially designed for your outside curved stairs, this model is fully waterproofed and designed to overcome the problems caused by external curved runs of stairs. Tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services, the lift meets the highest standards in terms of quality and safety.
Buying your device from a reliable mobility equipment supplier would come with benefits such as a free home accessibility analysis and excellent technical support from skilled factory-trained personnel.